Ho, ho, ho! Its exactly two weeks until Christmas! Have you sent out your Christmas Cards yet? Yeah, neither have I.
Last year we took super-cute pictures and I made those photo cards, a la Shutterfly. This year, however, we’ve been so busy that I didn’t even think to have photos taken. Plus, we’re living on a budget so I felt like dropping $30 on cards (not to mention stamps and the photographer) was a no-go.
Even though I’m not sending out cards, I do know what looks good and what doesn’t After all, I did take Introduction to Photography. (Full disclosure: I made a C). Nevertheless, I’ve got some tips on how to make your holiday cards stand out above the rest:
1. Be sure to include the entire family.
2. Let your photo reflect who you are as a family:
3. Before you say “cheese”, be sure to trim the tree. Literally.
4. Keep the kids smiling. No one likes a sourpuss.
5. Put your differences aside, its the holidays!
6. If all else fails, never underestimate the power of cuddly animals: